MorningStar

MorningStar
Acolyte

Any possibility that at some point we'll get an update that is actually informative? Like how far along is it (ie. 80%, 90%), what new things we'll have (different gametypes), how many players online?, map balance (how many small maps vs how many large).

They say the last 10% of the work takes 90% of the time...

I mean I love to hear about the pentathalon and all but I'd much rather have something that actually resembles an update.

No shit! What I want is an update with some bullet points that give us specific updates.

Something like
Lorraine, our artist...has also been working on the Halo 2 logo. She reckons the next version has a 50-50 chance of being the final one, which means there's a 50-50 chance you'll see it soon.

Or
Greg Snook and the animators are doing some really cool stuff with the Chief's walking and running animation. Right now he sidesteps convincingly, has a real walk animation (instead of just a slow version of the default run set) and even cooler, he crouches and crouch-walks much more convincingly. It sounds like a small thing, but if you go back and look at Halo compared to this new stuff, the difference is astonishing.

Perhaps
The coolest stuff going on this week though has got to be the way the animation and AI are coming together. The demo we watched was running in realtime, basically a huge warehouse filled with objects, obstacles and Covenant. The AI sends a mixture of grunts, Elites and more, charging across the cluttered map to see how they deal with obstacles and each other. Grunts typically sprint around fallen beams and boxes, but Elites are frighteningly smart, making fast, natural and athletic maneuvers and Hunters will simply charge through the map. We watched this happen from a Chief's-eye perspective and it's pretty frightening.

Yeah... that Frankie guy only gives us updates on Bungies LAN parties... what a tool.

--Star--

Lie to get what I came for
Lie to get what I need now
Lie to get what I'm craven'
Lie and smile to get what's mine

• BUNGIE WEEKLY UPDATE!!! - Frankie
   • Re: BUNGIE WEEKLY UPDATE!!! - Mumbles
      • Re: BUNGIE WEEKLY UPDATE!!! - Guest Loser
   • Re: BUNGIE WEEKLY UPDATE!!! - mnemesis
   • Re: BUNGIE WEEKLY UPDATE!!! - Sep7imus
      • Re: BUNGIE WEEKLY UPDATE!!! - Claude
         • Re: BUNGIE WEEKLY UPDATE!!! - LightningCount
         • Re: BUNGIE WEEKLY UPDATE!!! - Sep7imus
         • Claude Claude Claude - Pallor
            • Re: Claude Claude Claude - Claude
               • Re: Claude Claude Claude - Shishka
                  • Re: Claude Claude Claude - Opie301
                     • Re: Claude Claude Claude - Wado SG
                        • Re: Claude Claude Claude - Opie301
                        • Re: Claude Claude Claude - Gawyn
                           • Re: Claude Claude Claude - Hip
                     • Re: Claude Claude Claude - BOLL
                     • Re: Claude Claude Claude - NthDegree256
                  • Re: Claude Claude Claude - mnemesis
   • Re: BUNGIE WEEKLY UPDATE!!! - Lt Devon
   • Re: BUNGIE WEEKLY UPDATE!!! - Sapheriel
   • Re: BUNGIE WEEKLY UPDATE!!! - Guest Loser
      • Information - Spree
         • Re: Information - MorningStar
         • We Don't Carry Gerber Here. - Opie301
   • Information - Spree

Subnova™ and the Broken Bullseye Logo are trademarks of Subnova.
Intellectual © Subnova, 2000 - 2019.
Lots of other stuff © their respective owners.
Trademarks are property of their respective owners.
No infringement is intended.

Second Life® and Linden Lab® are trademarks of Linden Research, Inc.

This page was created in 0.135 seconds by PHP 7.0.32-0ubuntu0.16.04.1 using 2.00 MB on Apache/2.4.29 (Ubuntu).
Subnova runs on DREAMS v5 [Build: 20100718.144024].